Babysitter, who became enraged after her friend’s nonverbal 3-year-old daughter she was looking after for the night vomited on herself and needed to be cleaned, poured hot water over her before smacking her head against the tub; arrested

A 30-year-old woman is facing grave charges for the death of a nonverbal 3-year-old child she was babysitting. The accused woman, later identified as Iesha, allegedly inflicted fatal injuries on the 3-year-old girl, later identified as Harmoni, because the child vomited on herself. Iesha, who was a longtime friend of Harmoni’s mother and had taken on the role of a babysitter for the night, is now charged with felony murder and first-degree child abuse.

Police responded to Iesha’s residence when the unfortunate event unfolded on March 17. Authorities said that Harmoni was rushed to a local hospital but was pronounced dead upon arrival. The cause of death was identified as blunt force trauma, a direct consequence of Iesha’s alleged actions. The investigation revealed harrowing details about the moments leading to Harmoni’s death. According to Harmoni’s mother, Iesha became enraged after finding that Harmoni, who was autistic and nonverbal, had vomited on herself. In a fit of anger, Iesha poured hot water over Harmoni and slammed her head against a bathtub, resulting in fatal injuries.

Reports suggest that Iesha had secluded Harmoni with her own 1-year-old child for several hours, during which she consumed marijuana. Upon discovering the vomit, Iesha’s frustration turned into a violent outburst against the helpless toddler. Prosecutors recounted to the media that Iesha had confessed to pouring boiling water on Harmoni and slamming her head against the bathtub.

News outlets reported that when Harmoni’s mother called Harris to check in on her daughter, Harris told her that the child had fallen down the stairs and bumped her head, but was otherwise fine. The following morning, Harmoni’s mother reportedly came to pick her up and found the child in bed unresponsive. Iesha is currently being held in jail without bond.As the legal process against Iesha begins, with a probable cause conference set for March 27 and a preliminary examination hearing on April 1, the community is grappling with the details of the incident.

Viola Higgins

I’m a mother of 2 little angels that I continuously try to figure out and spend the other half figuring out how to be a great wife. Writing is my passion and I write regularly for the Virginian Tribune and several other national news outlets.

Related Articles

Comments are closed.

Back to top button